Large military units establish Operating Bases – Forward Operating Bases, Contingency Operating Bases, etc. – to adjust to a mission in a particular location. Operating Base Cecilia was established to meet the needs of Veteran families in the Chester, Montgomery, Bucks and Delaware County areas. In association with Catholic Social Services, VMC manages the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program for these counties, and also provides Veterans with access to additional services such as employment readiness, training and placement right on site. Planned future programs include additional training programs and a day drop-in center, as well as options to take services to other locations within the four-county area.
On-site resources at Operating Base Cecilia include:
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families, including the homeless outreach team
- Veterans Service Officer (access to VA benefits and entitlements)
- Access to emergency food and clothing and other local services
- Transportation to and from the Coatesville VA Medical Center
- Internet employment application assistance
- Training courses such at ServSafe and basic computer skills
- Personal/life skill courses such as budgeting (offered by Clarifi)
Operating Base Cecilia
605 E Lincoln Highway
Coatesville, PA 19320
92% of every donation directly supports our Veteran Community!
The VMC is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization | EIN/Tax ID: 23-2764079 | United Way Donor Option #14797419 | CFC Donor Option #48126