We believe the VMC provides a common point of reference and a shared understanding between veteran job seekers and employers. Through our expertise, we built the Veteran Employment Program through the United States Dept. of Labor Grant, Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program
Are you a Veteran who;
- Is homeless, or at risk of homelessness?
- Unemployed or Underemployed?
- Honorably discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable?
We assist and support Veterans with:
- Career Coaching: We support veterans in discovering what they inspire to be as they enter the civilian workforce. Did you dislike what you did in the military? That’s ok! Our Employment Specialists review your past work experience and determine with realistic and attainable future goals. We encourage you to take ownership of your career path and will work with you to get the right role.
- Resume Building: We can help create, edit, and provide feedback for your resume. Translating your military work experience to a clear and concise resume that every hiring manager will understand.
- Criminal Justice background: We assist veterans who have challenges due to involvement with the justice system and assist with navigating those challenges in conjunction with employment opportunities.
- Employment Referrals: We have established relationships with regional small and midsize companies and skilled trade unions in the greater Philadelphia area by emphasizing the benefits of hiring military veterans. We also have friends at the regional Fortune 500 companies who are recruiting veterans as well. We are the go-to source for employers who are actively recruiting veterans.
- Expertise Trainings: We offer trainings that result in certification; ServSafe; ideal for those who want to pursue a career in the food and hospitality industry. Forklift Certification; perfect for those seeking employment in warehouse and distribution centers, and Hazard Waste Removal certification; an industry on the rise in Pennsylvania. And more training is available that will lead directly to job placement!
We strive to be the definitive bridge in Delaware Valley and Central Pennsylvania between veterans transitioning into civilian employment and prospective hiring managers, ensuring that military acquired skills are effectively converted into relevant roles within the organization.
As a non-profit organization, we have the advantage of working directly with veteran job seekers and assisting employers in locating and tapping into a qualified candidate pool. That means free for you and free for the employer!
Our motivation to achieve our goals is fueled only by the desire to support veterans’ transition to successful and meaningful careers. Since 1980 we have thrived as the prominent Veterans Service Organization in Pennsylvania.
Our passion, experience, and grit will give you the confidence to trust our commitment to serving those who served.
For Philadelphia County, please reach out to us at 267-666-7304 to set up an appointment, chat, or ask questions. Or email Joseph.Mikolaitis@VMCenter.org
For Central Pennsylvania, Serving Cameron, Centre, Clinton, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Juniata, Lycoming, Mifflin, Northumberland, Potter, Snyder, Tioga, and Union Counties, please reach out to us at 844-226-0368 to set up an appointment, chat, or ask questions. Or email Vandy.Rider@VMCenter.org
91% of every donation directly supports our Veteran Community!
The VMC is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization | EIN/Tax ID: 23-2764079 | United Way Donor Option #4308 | CFC Donor Option #48126